Every year MCSC offers Community Outreach grants to local organizations, as well as the option to offer scholarships to MCSC members and their families. We take pride in our contributions to the Marne Community, and look forward to another year of donations. Last year we gave over $35,000 back to the community.
MCSC Scholarship 2017-2018
The Marne Community and Spouses Club (MCSC) Scholarship Fund falls under the support of the Marne Community and Spouses Club to provide merit based scholarships for eligible military family members. The Community Outreach Committee along with the MCSC Governing Board will award the scholarships based on the following categories: academic achievement, community and extracurricular involvement, essay, letters of recommendation. Applicants will be considered without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, rank of sponsor, sex, age or financial need.
- The applicant must be a full year general member or have a parent/guardian who is a full year general member of the Marne Community and Spouses Club who will be attending an accredited institution of secondary education to include vocational, associate, undergraduate or graduate. Member must have joined by November 15, 2017 to be a full year member, unless PCS mid-year and then must be a member for 2 months prior to the scholarship deadline.
- High School applicants must be a graduate of the 2018 school year.
- College applicants must have graduated from an accredited high school or hold a GED equivalent.
- All materials must be submitted together and postmarked no later than April 1, 2017. DO NOT mail application Registered Mail or any other method that requires a signature as all mail arrives at a PO Box. Requiring a signature for delivery may delay your application or cause it to be returned to sender by the Post Office.
- Applicants must submit a copy of their military ID. Social security numbers must be blackened.
- Recipients may retain the MCSC Scholarship regardless of other scholarships received, UNLESS the recipient receives a full four-year scholarship or an appointment to a military service academy. These recipients will not be eligible for the MCSC Scholarship. If the recipient does accept a full four-year scholarship, he/she must notify the Community Outreach chairperson in writing.
- Scholarships will be awarded in the following categories: High School Senior, College Age Dependent Child – 1st degree, Spouse – 1st degree, Graduate Degree, Associate Member Dependent Child
Please Click Here to Download the 2017 Scholarship Application.