Every year MCSC offers Community Outreach grants to local organizations, as well as the option to offer scholarships to MCSC members and their families. We take pride in our contributions to the Marne Community, and look forward to another year of donations. Last year we gave over $35,000 back to the community.
MCSC Scholarship 2017-2018 (for the 2018-2019 school year)
The Marne Community and Spouses Club (MCSC) Scholarship Fund falls under the support of the Marne Community and Spouses Club to provide merit based scholarships for eligible military family members and dependent spouses. The Community Outreach Committee will award the scholarships based on the following categories: academic achievement, community and extracurricular involvement, essay, letters of recommendation. Applicants will be considered without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, rank of sponsor, sex, age or financial need.
- High School applicants must be a graduate of the 2018 school year.
- College applicants must have graduated from an accredited high school or hold a GED equivalent.
- All materials must be submitted together and postmarked no later than March 2, 2018. DO NOT mail application Registered Mail or any other method that requires a signature as all mail arrives at a PO Box. Requiring a signature for delivery may delay your application or cause it to be returned to sender by the Post Office.
- Applicants military ID must and will be verified upon notification/receipt of awarded scholarship.
- Recipients may retain the MCSC Scholarship regardless of other scholarships received, UNLESS the recipient receives a full four-year scholarship. These recipients will not be eligible for the MCSC Scholarship. If the recipient does accept a full four-year scholarship, he/she must notify the Community Outreach chairperson in writing.
- Scholarships will be awarded in the following categories: Military Dependent and High School Senior, Military Dependent and Continuing Education Student and Military Dependent, Initial/Continuing Education Student and Spouse.